pantanir sendast á panta@drykkur.is - sími 517 7500

Montegradella Valpolicella Superiore - DOC

Production area 

Grapes harvested in the Valpolicella classica region, from vineyards planted on loamy marl in the hilly countryside of Fumane, San Pietro in Cariano and Marano.

Grape varieties

Corvina and Corvinone 70%, Rondinella 30%. The grapes are left to dry for 30 days before pressing.

Yield

Almost 35 hl/ha.

Ageing

18 months: 40% in tonneaux (500 l French oak barrels) and the remaining 60% in 20-hl and 30-hl Slavonian oak barrels.

A minimum of 12 months in the bottle.

Wine analysis 

Alcohol: 14% Vol.

Total acidity: 6 g/l

Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l

Sensory impressions

A strong yet brilliant ruby red colour with garnet hues, its bold and enticing nose is wide, well balanced and refined, redolent of prunes and maraschino cherries, mixed spices (cloves) and vanilla. The structure is firm, with silky tannins caressing the palate; alcohol and freshness are extremely well balanced; the finish is long, clear, with a pleasant touch of bitterness.

Serving temperature

16-18° C.

Recommended food pairings

An ideal match for rich and succulent dishes such as braised or stewed meat, roast beef or poached fillet. It is also excellent with cheese in varying degrees of ripeness, such as mature Monte Veronese and 3-year-old Bitto.

Longevity

8 to 10 years or more, if stored on its side in a cool, dark environment.